Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

A general update on my life

All in all, things are good.

Things that are good:

a) I enjoy my job (mainly)

b) I'm still truly madly deeply in love with TT.

c) I like our house, it's contents and location.

d) The dance classes are going better than I expected. When I concentrate I actually get several compliments.

e) We've bought an expensive book/DVD/online course to teach ourselves Latin Spanish. I'm rather looking forward to it, because I tend to have a flair for languages. Although French is the only language I'm pretty fluent in I've also got the basics of latin, russian, and greek. Yep. I like crap languages.

The only one I never got on with was German (as Lisa knows!) I dunno why, I can only put it down to the awful teacher I had and he made me hate the language for years.

f) I'm going to get a lump some of cash at some point soon.

Things that are bad:

a) I can't get paid for doing my job. I turn up every day, work hard, and yet until my visa arrives I can't be paid.

b) I'm having problems getting hold of the documents I need for above mentioned visa. Every day there's another hurdle.

c) I'm sick again. I'm no stranger to stress yet somehow something is making me ill. It's weird. I had to take a couple of hours off yesterday avo and today I'm going in half a day late. And this is only so that I can show my face, my obvious illness and then ask for the rest of the day off again. I don't think they'll mind since they don't pay me when I'm ill, it'll just hold up the project for a day.

d) I'm spending all my time travelling on, or waiting for, buses. I can't wait to get a car. This will also aid us in other aspects. The journey to the dance class also takes an hour each way even though it's only on the other side of the city. After a days work and travel the last thing either of us feel like is a 45 minute walk.to the place so we stand around waiting for public transport instead. On the weekends we'll actually be able to do stuff and go places. I can't wait.

e) I miss having the time to blog. And I also miss the interface between my laptop and camera which means I can't post photo's at the moment. Silly I know, but annoying in the highest.

f) I miss family, friends, and believe it or not, the UK a bit. It's not major enough to make me sad, but it's still a negative point.

So, in summary it seems that I'm a miserable sod. That's honestly not true. The things I spend most of my time doing (working, being with TT, living at home) are all perfect, so most of the time I'm happy. I should shut up and stop whinging shouldn't I?

Would be nice to be paid for it all though. It think it's definately the "social time" that's pissing me off the most:

a) lack of it
b) lack of money to do anything with it
c) lack of transport to go anywhere free during it

All donations gratefully received at.....(!)

1 Comments:

Blogger vuboq said...

I'm glad some things are going well :-) and here's an *awww* for all the things that aren't.

Let me know if there's anything you are missing horribly from the UK (that is small enough to fit in an airmail box), and I'll try to find it for you whilst I'm there (Oct 7th-22nd). Have I mentioned I'm going to London recently? If not, I AM!!! WOO HOO!!!

*smooch*

10:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home