Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Just a quicky....

Double take
I don't think anyone has ever heard me on the phone before. Well of course, that's a contradiction since the whole idea of a telephone is that someone else can hear you, but you know what I mean?

TT heard me call Barclays bank tonight. If her jaw had got any closer to hitting the floor it would have dislocated.

After the call our conversation went something like:
Me: "Ah. That should be sorted now..."
Her: "Gnagh...."
Me: "Sorry?"
Her: "You called them Bastard Wanks instead of Barclays Bank!!"
Me: "Yeah, well? You know I always call them rude names?"
Her: [still very shocked] "But, but, but, you can't really do it! You can refer to them as that when talking to other people, but you can't do it to their call centre staff?!"
Me: "Evidently I can. They've just agreed to pay me more compensation because of the delay in settlement"
Her: "But that's not fair! I work in a call centre and we're told to warn customers twice and then hang up on them if they're abusive!"
Me: "To you or the company you work for?"
Her: "Oh. I see your point. But you told the guy he was as effective as a chocolate kettle!"
Me: "That was honesty, it wasn't abusive, I didn't swear at him. If someone told you that would you be offended?"
Her: "Well, I never give shit answers, I'm always effective! If I can't give the answer then I pass them straight on to a supervisor! Oh - I see...."
Me: [Grins]

Jay: 1
Bastard Wanks: 0

Tomorrows post already has a title "Carpe Jugulum". Yep, spent the whole day doing it. Looking forward to posting it!

PS. Mouse still at large. Half the bloody world is talking about it and chuckling about it. The people on my other blog think it's wonderfully entertaining, some of the readers of TT's blog have said that if the mouse dies they're gonna stop reading her.

We don't care. Mr Bastard Mouse is gonna get it sooner or later.....

2 Comments:

Blogger vuboq said...

Do you have a link to the origin of your conflict with the Bank? I don't remember reading about it ... and am intrigued.

Don't forget Australian Meat-Free Tuesday!

*smooch*

2:35 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

3:13 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home