Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Friday. Um. Shit. Literally. Well, then........

I was very sick on Friday. I think I caught some sort of Aussie bug. I actually got it a couple of days ago but I've never been [this] sick before so this was a new experience for me.

TT brought home some "medicine". It said all over the bottle "contains tartazine". I got scared. "TT, tartrazine is banned in Europe coz it's such nasty shit?!"

"Bah! No idea what you're talking about ya pommie bastard! This is Tartazine, not Tartrazine!" was roughly the response I got.

"NOOOOO!" I pleaded. "I'm sure they also used call it "Tartazine" in Europe, I think the renaming thing was an effort to get an illegal European drug renamed in Australasia and Americas? "

"Bah! Australasia?! How many times have I told you it has no -asia on the end?!" she thundered

(The persons that go out and fetch medicine/fixing drugs are always nurses in my mind, therefore assimilated with ogres. Sorry TT)

I tried to escape but she put the tartrazine poison down my throat. It was actually lovely. I know it's only a colouring and all, but it was a lovely medicine. I enjoyed it. Like the way tramps enjoys cheap cough medicine when the local pharmacy has a sale. Yum.

It tasted minty and it made me zzzz. Hmmm. "Cheap cocktail" I thought as I fell asleep...

I think it must have had something besides Tartrazine because of the immediate sleepiness. Or perhaps that was the illness. Or perhaps my persistant whining like a girl until TT came into the bedroom swinging the iron on its cord. That's the last thing I remember. Aaah, sweet iron, with your hotness...

Aaaah. AAAAGHHHHH!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home