Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

"Borrowed" connection from just down the street, gotta be quick post

Our internet is down again. Good service here in Aus, eh?

If it's not back tomorrow I'm seriously considering buying our own connection - I can't handle this! I'm ok, but TT is crying and scraping at the walls. Her blogging means much more than mine, she's got a million readers. Well, about that. Ish.

Saw a huntsman spider today. Scary bastards! I twatted it with a dead palm leaf - it started running up the leaf so I dropped it and then jumped on it about a thousand times while flailing arms (cos that helps) and hyperventilating like an asthmatic kid that's taken ten E's. Because that also helps.

TT came outside because she thought I was having an epileptic fit in the yard. After all my efforts of 'kill and destroy' she saw the spider limp away, shaking one of his little spider fists at me, and said "oh, it's ok, it's not poisonous, they just bite bad, sometimes make your flesh rot".

Oh. Well. Glad I didn't successfully flatten the little octopedian punk then. He's not going to kill me. He just wanted to make my flesh rot. Guess that's ok then, eh?!

My next post will be a catch up one. The one after that will be things I miss about the UK and it'll surprise you all I think!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

She must have been SO impressed by that macho display.

3:33 am  
Blogger Only me said...

I never professed to be macho! I hate anything with more than four legs. Some trendy coffee tables are ok, but if they're living, insecty, and (shudder) leggy, then I'm out of there.

If TT doesn't tell me they're poisonous or nasty I'm reasonable. The moment I know they can harm me I run squeal like a girl. More on this subject soon!

11:09 pm  
Blogger vuboq said...

*heh* I can just picture that. Makes me laugh.

It reminds me of when John gave me a plastic dagger to carry for protection (I had to walk through Scary Park to get to his house). I looked at it and asked, "So what am I supposed to do with this? Throw it at my attackers and run away screaming like a girl?"

3:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home