Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Friday, December 14, 2007

Zebras

Has any other blogger noticed that this "compose" page now tries to auto-complete as you type in the Title box? If I type "A" it comes up with all my post titles beginning A. Thusforth through the alphabet. I noticed that I have no posts beginning with a Z.

Until now. Yey! Z is ratified. No longer need Z feel left out.

I actually met with Z the other day and noticed he was looking kinda sad but it didn't twig why (Y?) at the time. I'm sorry Z, I hope this makes it up to you a bit. And I meant what I said about you being my favourite in Scrabble. Fuck those low value vowels, who needs 'em eh?

In your honour I'm now going zzzzz. It's probbly best since I'm a little pizzed.



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

_ _gr__. V_w_ls _r_ t_t_lly _s_l_ss!

(I agree. Vowels are totally useless!)

5:34 am  
Blogger Two Cents said...

Dear Doctor, I have to ask: Why oh why is Y a part-time vowel? Why oh why did you include the Y?

He he ;)

6:28 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Two Cents (American, Canadian or European??), the letter Y is a vowel or a consonant. In terms of sound, a vowel is 'a speech sound which is produced by comparatively open configuration of the vocal tract, with vibration of the vocal cords but without audible friction...', while a consonant is 'a basic speech sound in which the breath is at least partly obstructed' (definitions from the New Oxford Dictionary of English, 1998). The letter Y can be used to represent different sounds in different words, and can therefore fit either definition. Myth = vowel; Beyond = consonant. The letter is probably more often used as a vowel, but in this role is often interchangeable with the letter I. However, the consonant sound is not consistently represented in English spelling by any other letter, and perhaps for this reason Y tends traditionally to be counted among the consonants. Information source

8:08 pm  
Blogger Only me said...

Drawing Room: I don't think I've been in there....

2c: Talk to Dr and ignore me will ya? Fine. I'll just sook in the corner some more. And plot how to get my Z on the red square...

Drought Excluder: If I ask about H, as in why news readers always say "An hotel" I suppose you'll just paste the same response? Do you ever wonder whether your doctorate thingy has made you a little anal? Not suggesting anything, just wondered.... :)

PS. Don't forget you're soon gonna be Dr. Iving Tuseeme. Or in your case, Dr. Iving Tuseeyu. Any idea on dates yet? Just so I can make sure I'm busy...lol. Joking of course

3:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home