Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Very, very naughty

I just read a line on Mr Vuboqs blog. It reminded me of something I meant to mention to y'all to share the guilt. Today I was feeling really tired. After all, I wasn't planning on being in the office and just being there is tiring. That's why I prefer to be at home.

But anyway, the line was "want to take a nap". About 1pm today someone came to see me to tell me about a problem. I discussed it very loudly with them so that the boss dude definately overheard me say things like "But it'll take at least two hours" and "So it can't possibly wait until tomorrow?" while desperately winking at the poor accounts clerk who'd come to ask me to replace an icon on her desktop.

I went and fixed her problem in about 30 seconds, told her I was going to be in a meeting all avo, then went upstairs to an empty office, dragged a desk in front of the door and went to sleep. I even rolled up some packaging to act as a pillow and set the alarm on my phone to make sure I woke up by 3pm!

Isn't it amazing to get paid enough for a snooze to pay another weeks rent? Yeah, I'm a fucker.

5 Comments:

Blogger vuboq said...

lucky you.
i would try that, but all our offices have big windows. No napping at work :-(

12:46 am  
Blogger Only me said...

I must confess I slightly exagerated when I said it was an office. In frequently used storage room would be more appropriate! But it had a good heavy desk and lots of comfortable bubble wrap. That's all that matters in these situations!

1:09 am  
Blogger em nadim said...

a friend of mine takes her yoga mat and naps during her 'lunch time.' and then eat later.

2:00 am  
Blogger just me said...

Excellent. I live about 5 minutes from the office, so I go home at lunch and nap.

2:10 am  
Blogger goblinbox said...

Last time I had a private office of my own, I'd occasionally mention that I was 'terribly busy' and close the door and curl up under my desk for an hour or so. Delightful.

2:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home