Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Some never learn....

How many of you remember the "Mouse days"? That time Trish (yes, that's TT) and I were plagued by that rotten mouse that refused to be trapped? If you wish to recap, the finale was here

Well. The other night I noticed a brown spot flash across the floor. It had been feeding on parrots spilt seed. Bloody messy bird. I suspected at the time more mousey blogs were about to become forthcoming. But then nothing happened. For 3 days, no evidence - no squeaks, no scurrying, no poo.

But tonight, when I was trying to entertain a guest of all times, the fucker emerged from behind the bookcase. I reacted quickly and brought some chopping boards and heavy books into action. I now have him trapped. He's stuck behind the bookcase. Fuck knows the next step, suppose I've got to try and coax him out with some juicy looking parrot spill or something? Then bash it "nicely" with a yard broom?

My poor guest, (yes, it was S), spent the rest of the night with her legs up on the couch. Poor girl. I'd only explained that avo that I may be untidy but the cleanliess is very good. And then I manage to obtain a mouse again. Great timing mousey.

I reckon the last mousey left a will including a map with a big X on my house saying "Here be free food" and you know how long these things take. New mouse is probably the son and he's only just been given the documents by the mousey solicitor.

My neighbour is smoking smelly green stuff and I think I've had too much of a whiff. Does it show?