Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Monday, May 07, 2007

My Long Weekend

Friday 4 May
I never got around to posting because I ended up staying up all night chatting with various friends around the globe. It was fantastic to be talking with various of you in States, Canada, UK, and Australia all at the same time! I didn't really notice the time until suddenly it was daylight. Oh my terrible single-boy lifestyle is almost like a pair of old comfy trainers that I'd forgotten about. Something that's been put away and forgotten about but still there and functional.

Saturday 5 May
Felt pretty crappy because of the lack of sleep. I just kind of bummed around the house most of the morning, occasionally dozing, occasionally getting up and trying to get motivated to go and get my tattoo. Then I started chatting on line with a girly that lives about half an hour away. The night before we'd been discussing music and it turned out she was making me a CD from her collection of 700(!) albums.

She came over in the afternoon with around 70 songs split over 5 cd's, and a wad of handwritten notes explaining what was on each CD. The timing was apt since TT took a lot of our music with her. This was only the second time I'd met this girl and we spent the afternoon just chatting away on my patio. I really appreciated "real" human interaction, so thanks S.

The evening was spent chatting on-line again. It's weird, I thought if I ever split with TT I'd spend all my time out in the pubs and clubs of Brisbane, but I just don't feel like it. I must be a very sad nerd because I actually feel I'm in company when I'm chatting with people even online. And thanks to the worlds fortunate habit of revolving there's always someone awake somewhere!

Sunday 6 May
Bummy morning again, having stayed up most of the night. Chatted with S and decided we'd go to see a movie. Since she's been here twice I decided to head over to her town. I went to the train station and patiently waited. The train never showed. I went to the ticket guy and asked what had happened to it. He said there were some problems with the line and I should consider a bus. Unimpressed I caught a cab.

I didn't mind paying for the cab, but imagine me seething as I get out of the cab at the station just in time to hear the recorded announcement: "The train now arriving on Platform 2 is the XYZ service from Brisbane..." GGGRRRRR! S doesn't smoke so I'd been planning to abstain. But that annoyed me.

Had a quick look at S's house and hometown then headed to cinema. We watched a film called "The History Boys" which is pretty good - the ending is a little unnecessary in my opinion. Let me know what you think when you see it. I personally think it could have finished 10 minutes earlier and lost nothing. S was kind enough to take me home and I spent the rest of the day chatting again.

Monday - Labour Day Holiday 7 May
I went into the city not realising that EVERYTHING was closed. I thought at least a few places would be open. I woke up thinking of mushroom and wine sauce so I wanted to get my hands on some mushrooms. In the end I found a 7 - 11 place that was open and had a few.

I bought those and then invited a neighbour around for steak with wine and mushroom sauce. A good time was had and I certainly had no shortage of background music. Next time I'm going to make the sauce with Port instead of red wine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home