Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Friday, May 18, 2007

Hip-hop (replacement)

Just for a change, I saw something a little odd on the bus today. On my way home from work the bus stops at the TAFE (Further education college in Aus) and picks up noisy acne covered teens. Now, while anyone who's anyone has an iPod or other generic MP3/4 player they all tend to have very small "ear-bud" headphones. Well, today one of the chicks that got on had the biggest set of titanium headphones you've ever seen.

She looked like a fucking helicopter pilot. And I may have been wrong about them being headphones - they may have just been ear-mounted speakers cos everybody could hear her music (if you can call it that - perhaps Beats would be a better word) even over the hubbub of 20 students about to go for some underage Friday avo drinking.

She wore a baseball cap, logo'd t-shirt, baggy jeans and t-shirt. She tapped her fingers with amazing speed on the handrail of the bus. She didn't take a seat even though some were spare. After a while she started nodding her head in half time with the music. Doing it on full time would have made her look as though she was on E. Mind you, maybe she was.

Anyhoo, by now you're probably thinking - Jay, we've all seen the type, what's so special? Well, it was her age. I swear to you she was at least 75. Permed white hair, tits down to her waist, skin so wrinkly it makes a walnut smooth as a babys arse. She even smelt of wee and cabbage for added authenticity. I reached for my phone to do one of my "subtle" picture takes but the bloody thing was flat.

I've searched the Internet for anything that looks like her. To no avail. I wish I could have got a photo to show you. This has made me very excited about getting the bus next week - I must try to deliver a photo of the Grooving Granny....

PS. New aussie slang of the day: "Budgie smugglers" - male underwear....

3 Comments:

Blogger P. said...


She wore a baseball cap, logo'd t-shirt, baggy jeans and t-shirt. She tapped her fingers with amazing speed on the handrail of the bus. She didn't take a seat even though some were spare. After a while she started nodding her head in half time with the music. Doing it on full time would have made her look as though she was on E. Mind you, maybe she was.


Was I so unapproachable you couldn't say hi?? ;)

10:43 am  
Blogger dykewife said...

*snort* i'm glad i stopped eating my amended liptons chicken noodle soup when i started reading your entry tonight. i woulda passed noodles through my nose. instead, i paused, got Bran's attention, and then read the entire entry to him.

many guffaws followed. i look forward to a surrepticious photo of gran.

2:49 pm  
Blogger Only me said...

Dubbo: PMSL! I'm coming UKwards at end of June/start July. I'll give you more details closer the time but don't forget you agreed to free vodka!

Wifie: You're too kind! Glad I made someone happy and laughy. I'll do my best on the photo but I've never seen her before so my hopes aren't overly high. She was probably just drugged out from raging bingo party and got on the wrong bus.

3:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home