Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Sweet and sour

All in all today has been good - but something tainted it a little. Let me explain.

I got up late because I stayed up so late again last night. I woke up in surprisingly high spirits. I was feeling motivated enough to get a well overdue haircut and I'd decided I'd go to S's town because she's lucky enough to have a duck pond and I love throwing bread at ducks.
While I was checking out the train timetable online I noticed that one of my messenger friends had a slightly alarming comment next to their sign in name. I checked the persons blog and it was gone. Deleted.

I managed to speak to the person just before my bus was due and it was confirmed. Her relationship was over. I know this sounds really weird but I was tearful when I caught my bus. This girl has helped me out so much during my breakup it just seems totally unfair that she should now be going through the same. Is there no justice?

At the barber shop the usual argument occurred. They always ask what I want and I say a number 1 clip. They always shrug and say "I'll give you a number 2, it's not so short..." Why do all hairdressers want to avoid giving me a number 1? Seriously, this is the fourth fucking time with different hairdressers every time!

After the haircut I went straight back home to try and talk to afore mentioned friend. She wasn't about. I waited an hour then guessed she must be in bed. I went to the train station.
When it turned up I walked down the train to get into a different carriage to all the deadbeats boarding. Imagine my surprise as an empty bottle of vodka was flung from the train as I was boarding! Imagine my further surprise when I realised it was thrown by a couple of 14 year old girls! Fucking wenches!

For some odd reason they followed me so I took a seat opposite a drunkard knowing thy wouldn't like that. Unfortunately I was wrong and they took great delight in taking the piss out of him and virtually every other poor sod that walked past. I know I should have done or said something but I couldn't. These girls were so funny that if I'd stood up a little bit of wee would have probably come out.

Anyhoos, I finally arrived at S's town and went to find the duck pond. Fortunately it was really close to the train station. I called S and she came join me for Ducky/Turtle Breadfest 2007. I loved it.

I wont bore you with any more details, but I had a fantastic avo, and even though there was only a 10 minute wait for the train S decided to give me a lift home instead. Gotta love this girl, eh?
I went to bed hoping that my friend with break up drama was ok. And I thought about S quite a bit too - it's good to have a friend in the "real world".

Life isn't a box of chocolates, it's a buffet of confusing foods.


2 Comments:

Blogger vuboq said...

Break-ups suck. Hope your friend is OK!

Glad you had a good afternoon :-) Ducks! Bread! *woot*

1:12 am  
Blogger Two Cents said...

I'll let the cat out of the bag and comment - I have to say thanks for the thoughts. Hugs to you and hope to catch up soon :)

You don't give yourself enough credit, you're a great friend and an inspiration that everything will be great on the other side of the hurdle. Double hugs!

5:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home