Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Friday, November 24, 2006

Healthy diet? Moi?!

It's been a pretty quiet week in my little world. I've behaved myself very well with an ultra healthy diet and distinct lack of beers. I'd love to say I feel wonderful for it but realistically I don't feel any different. That's a bit odd isn't it? You'd think it would have some effect positive or negative but absolutely nothing seems to have changed. I've been eating 3 meals a day rather than the normal one. It just seems to make me a little hungry between meals though.

And who made the rules about breakfast? Why is it that people view my choice of breakfast with such shock? On Tuesday I had a cold sausage from previous nights dinner and a piece of cheese. On Wednesday I had some cold boiled potatoes from previous nights dinner and a pot of yoghurt. On Thursday I had a slice of left over vege pizza from the night before.

On Friday I managed to break the left over trend (we eat out on Thursdays because of dancey lessons) and had 3 Riveta crackers (Aussie ones are half the size of UK ones, but they do have a handy perforation thing that allows you to snap them into two nibble size pieces) dipped in mango chutney.

I think TT was almost impressed with the Riveta until she spotted the jar and asked with a please-be-something-nice-expression, "What is in the jar J?"

I only then realised that it really wasn't a particularly normal breakfast by normal peoples standards. I mumbled that it was "like marmalade". She knows me too well though and heard the mumbled "like". She asked, "What's really in the jar J?". I told her, she just sighed, shook her head, and retreated to the bathroom to pluck her nails, paint her follicles, or straighten her ears or something.

As well as these three meals I've also been taking a completely unnecessary vitamin pill. But they're very good, the ingredient list is longer than my arm, and I'm sure when I die I'll be worth more to a scrap metal merchant than anything else. They contain Iron, Zinc, Magnesium, copper, potassium and chromium. I figure:

Iron: to make me "well 'ard"
Zinc: Umm. Something to do with batteries innit? Helps me store energy/electricity. Maybe I'll be able to zap people with one finger?
Magnesium: It burns bright. This must give me a healthy glow
Copper: That helps in conducting the electricity to zap people...
potassium: Er. I think this makes me fizz in water. Or something?
Chromium: Give me terminator type skeleton. Bummer at airport x-ray machines though...

Lunch has been the same every day: 1 slice riveta, 1 apple, 1 banana. Wanna know a really dull fact about my lunch? Both fruit varieties contain the word "lady". The apples are "Pink Lady" variety, the bananas are "Lady finger" although I'd hate to meet a lady with fingers like these bananas. She'd put King Kong to shame.

And evening meal has been healthy every night except for the pizza night, and I chose vegetarian for a meat free Thursday. (What? Thursday here must be Monday somewhere in the world? Sorry - private joke to a reader that knows who he is...) Every meal apart from that one had at least two serves of fresh veg.

And it's not even stopped there. I've been drinking at least 3 litres of filtered water a day too. When I say at least, that's at work. I've been drinking it at home morning and evening too. I hope it doesn't mess with my potassium or zinc processes....



3 Comments:

Blogger vuboq said...

I am distressed by the lack of beer! But, yay for eating more healthy!!! *woot*

What are Riveta crackers? Are they like graham crackers?

Yay for posting, too!

*smooch*

12:32 am  
Blogger Only me said...

Vuboq: Rivetas are small pieces of extra tasteless cardboard that contain more fibre than a field of cotton. And they make you poo good. I'm not sure what Grahams are. Do they sound similar?

12:52 am  
Blogger vuboq said...

that doesn't sound like the graham crackers I know: images from google

i think graham crackers are more like the UK's digestive biscuits ... mmm ...

1:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home