Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

I've got a some good news and bad...

Good news first!

Work was fine. Very average. We're moving office next week. Not just our department or anything, but the whole bloody company. Well, our district office, not all X thousand employees from all over Australasia. We're moving our couple of hundred employees to an office about 20km away which makes it much harder for 90% of employees but not for me. Here's a simple diagram to illustrate - Distance not to scale, but north is at the top:

X - that's the new office
O - that's my house
XXX - that's Brisbane city
I - that's the long and windy road to....
C - the current office
H - this is where 90% of employees live

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha! Mwuuuhahaha. Finally! They've all had years of driving or walking 2 mins to work whereas I've had to fight through city and roads to get to the office. Now it's near my house and they all have to do what I used to do, but in reverse.

Bad news
[important bit] It's not all been fun today though. I woke up this morning with a really numb foot. I think I must have slept heavily with one leg tucked under the other or something because after feeling numb when I woke up this morning, it then got a little painful and by the end of the day I was limping/hobbling a bit.

Still, these strange things happen eh?




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home