Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Monday, November 20, 2006

The blood test results

As requested by the path lab on Saturday I called the doctors surgery this morning to advise them that the results should be with them today and to try and make an appointment for tomorrow. The receptionist assured me that all tests done on Saturday would be with them by 10 am so she made me an appointment for 4pm this arvo.

They tested for around 20 different levels, all the vitamin and metal contents, cell counts, all sorts of shit. Next to each result was a set of brackets showing average ranges. I was exactly average for all but three. My iron is low, but within the boundaries - 12umol (10-33). My cholesterol was higher than expected - 6.1 (3.5 - 6.6) but my Urate(?) was high and he recommends another test in two months. If it's still as high he wants me to go to ultrasound.

So not quite such a mind settler as I'd hoped. But never mind, I've heard it said "Don't take life too seriously - it's only a temporary situation!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home