Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Quite a pleasant saturday

Last night TT went out clubbing with her best girly friend. She got home about 3.30am quite pissed. I'd stayed up waiting for her because I can't sleep without her home. I then got up at 7am this morning so I could be first in queue at the pathology lab to get my blood test done.

While I was waiting last night I was looking up web pages on how to interpret blood test results. I figured I'd open the results my self, and if they were in a tamper proof envelope thingy I was going to pop back and say I'd left them in a cafe, could I have another copy please? Cunning plan.

Only it didn't work. I was at the lab by 8am and there was already a long queue. I'd forgotten that most people object to fasting and therefore wanted to be tested as soon as possible so that they could have some breakfast. I just wanted to get done quick so I could get on with my day. I hate eating in the mornings!

But the plan then went further wrong when the nurse didn't say "You'll feel a little prick" to which I had prepared a range of clever retorts depending on the prettiness of the nurse. Instead she said "You'll just feel a little scratch" and she was right. Very professional, I though she was just marking the skin to decide where to put the needle but when I turned to tell her to get on with it I saw she was then sucking out the second bottle. Most impressed.

But then she told me the results would be sent directly back to the doctor. So much for all my intensive medical training.

I walked home the long way. This involved walking through the markets looking for christmas gifts for various friends, family and TT. Then suddenly it was 11am so I decided to have a morning beer since it was such a lovely day. Made a change to be out on my own although I was expecting an irate phonecall any moment from TT demanding to know where the hell I was so I was already prepared with the "Buying you presents of course my dear..." excuse but the call didn't come. I walked home about midday feeling rather relaxed to discover TT was only just crawlng out of bed. These youngsters just can't handle parties eh?

We done some shopping in the arvo and I'm quite pleased with my purchases. Lots of Aussie stuff. I've no idea what to get family, it's always tough, but tougher from 10000miles away. I settled for lots of things unique to this country. Like hats with dangly corks, Aussie recipe books, stubbie coolers, boomerangs, etc.

Spent the evening having a glass of wine with a neighbour. All in all, a rather pleasant day.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home