Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Monday, April 07, 2008

teh weekend

I'm a little confused. I'm writing this slightly after the event (yeah, a month). I felt sure I bummed off work on sis's first day here but I've just checked my timesheet and it says I done a half day.

Oh well, I know on Friday arvo we hired a car which I collected on Sat morning. I got in and a bit fell off. The fuse box cover thingy. No drama. Fuck it.

I bought some picnic goodies as the supermarket and then went home to collect the girlies. After a little unconventional waking up (dont ask) of the lazy sods we got ready for the day out.

We (Sis, new neighbour (nn), 2c and I) headed off to Noosa - a wicked beach couple of hours up north. Sis nearly drowned at the hands of the Pacific. I paniced to begin with but after she surfaced and coughed up a lungful of ocean then laughed I was hugely releaved. It meant I could stop repressing my urges to laugh too. Srsly, it was so funny. She's so tiny she just got hurled by a massive wave. I'm the size of a sea defense but it almost knocked me over. It was a "no-mussin' " wave. No wonder these wacky aussies invented surfing.

On the way home we stopped at Glasshouse Mountains although it was dusk. And cold. Got home and went to local hotel for dinner. Fresh air+driving+ocean=tired. Zzzz

Sunday we rocked down to Mt Tamborine to enjoy the farmers markets. Which were cancelled. Yey for my planning. (In my defense, I did check web before we left to confirm I had the right weekend - not my fault they cancelled at last minute *sook*)

It's a lovely place anyway though so we done the tourist thing and then went for a walk in the rainforest. It rained. Lots. I had a blow out on me thongs which doesn't help at the bottom of a stack of stairs akin to day two of the Inca trail. Funs.

The girlies went ahead and I kinda craled up the stairs after them and finally decided to take a shortcut which led me to a boneyard and rather surprised them when I approached the parked car from the opposite direction to which we'd departed. They weren't the only ones surprised. I didn't have a clue where the fuck I was.

Yey for happy dayz.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home