Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Friday, March 14, 2008

"teh friday"

This is being typed from the comfort of Vuboqs living room while 1 blogger sleeps on the floor next to me, another two are in Mr V's room and another is on the floor of the spare room. Yes, I survived the arduous journey here and so far have survived Vuboqs attempts of alcohol poisoning. Just.

The journey here was surprisingly uneventful - I think the most noteable incident was smuggling 3 bottles of vino past customs in plain view only to have them spotted by boarding security. Who were so confused about how I managed to reach that point with them they embarked in a debate amongst themselves and completely forgot to actually confiscate them so I went on board with them. It provided entertainment in the long waits between connections. I hate paying airport bar prices cos I'm a tight cunt.

I arrived at some point on Friday evening and was collected from the airport by Sassy. Unsurprisingly (because I'm used to it now) one of her first comments was about how australian my accent is. Yes. I get it. Y'all can shurrup now ;)

The drive to Mr V's house took about 45 minutes and if ever there was a chick that could teach anyone to chuck a u-ey it's sassy. She is so accomplished at this I think she showed of her skills around 30 times. Well - maybe fewer and maybe one or two were caused by me reading the directions and saying "I think that was the turn we just passed!" Followed by "Oh wait, no, it's the next one"

Mr V greeted us and then 2c came down to meet. Hugs ensued (I hate huggs after a long haul flight cos I'm acutely aware that I smell so bad that my nasal facilities have shut down to avoid the torture so I can't even guage how bad it actually is) but I was certainly willing to make an exception in this case.

We then went upstairs were I was introduced to the fabulous cleo, goblinbox, hyphenated too.
Wine (aka Vuboqs first attempt at alcohol poisoning) followed. The rest is rather a blur.


3 Comments:

Blogger Clio Bluestocking said...

"Attempt" at alcohol poisoning? He quite nearly killed me!

Great to meet you (and your Australian accent)!

1:47 pm  
Blogger goblinbox said...

Vuboq drinks like a fish. Gawd bless 'im.

6:51 am  
Blogger Only me said...

clio: Mate, you were truly awesome. Sorry you only managed to take home half the bottle I bought you! I only had one shot, it was the other bastards!

Gobbo: Nah, fish actually spit it out again. Vuboq drinks like a bum with free grog. Bless him. He's awesome eh?

1:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home