Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Friday, August 04, 2006

100% somber and sad

I've just met tt for lunch. She's working in a different department today to cover for a person that is absent.

The absent person is not at work because they are dealing with the death of their 2 year old daughter. They took her to kindegarden/creche and somehow she ended up falling in the pond and drowning.

I don't know the employee, I don't know their daughter, but I'm sad.

I can't help thinking about how I'd feel in that situation. I've never had any children but I've loved, and I'm sure the love towards own your children must be even greater than that for your own partner.

How would it feel, for that child to be stolen away from you through no fault of your own? How must the creche/kindergarden feel? Oh my gods. This is too much to think about. I really feel for TT's work colleague, and although I don't know who she is, I wish her the best. I'm getting tearful as I type this.

Time for beer and creating next post about much more happy things. Back soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger vuboq said...

way to bring me down on a Friday morning, Jay. I'm going to have to re-read your funny interviews now to feel better.

10:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry. Just needed to share it because it was bringing me down too. And I thought as "a problem shared is a problem halved" is true, perhaps it may apply to sadness too.

12:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home