Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Exciting news!


Guess what's happened?! I've met someone through blogger! The lovely Helen and her boyfriend, Andrew, are meeting TT and I on Saturday!

We met quite coincidentally on here. She made a comment on my blog, I made one on hers, and you know, shit happens. She sent me an email with her mobile number earlier, I called her and now we're meeting.

Isn't that odd? Who'd ever think that blogger could actually encourage people to meet other than in cyberspace?

Another very strange thing happened tonight. I had to confess to TT that yes, I did have a blog of my own. She immediately set to work on a post something along the lines of "The bugger! I knew he did!" The thing thats's making me laugh so much is that she's already had about 20 comments asking for my address!

How's that for a day? I've actually spoken to someone, and we're going to meet them on Saturday, and TT has had her blog taken over by me! Ha Ha Ha!!!!! (Btw, when we meet on Saturday, you're not allowed to tell her my web address H. Please?!)

Got loads of other news for you but time doesn't allow. Besides, TT is getting stroppy because yet another commenter has just posted "What's the link to your boyfriends site?" to her. When I told her a whole two of my readers had asked for her blog address she just scowled. Little does she know I only have two regular commenters....!

She's also a bit jealous that we're meeting H as a result of my blogging. She's not met anyone yet, despite her hundreds of readers. I'm not smirking, honestly I'm not....

6 Comments:

Blogger vuboq said...

fun! i love meeting blogger-people in person!

12:27 am  
Blogger Only me said...

Vuboq: It is fun! I just wish I hadn't been so pissed while on the phone to H. I honestly had to wait before I called her so that I didn't sound quite so slurred. It was just one of those afternoons. You know, the boredom and all? She must already think I'm a rambling luney. Still, that wouldn't be far from the truth...

12:03 pm  
Blogger Jay said...

Aren't you supposed to be an anonymous blogger?! What's this meeting people business?

And so what IS her blog url?

For that matter, I'm still waiting to see your OTHER blog.

5:19 am  
Blogger Helen said...

Thanks for a great day Mr Me.
We both think you're as humorous in person as you are here on you're blog..
I have to say there was no disappointment in meeting you and TT on our part. I'm glad I didn't tell TT your web address. That was pure luck though as I only just found out that it was a secret!
Till next time Mr Me and TT.

8:43 pm  
Blogger Only me said...

We had a great day too Helen. It got funnier after you dropped us at the train station because the train was full of All Black and Wallaby supporters having all manner of disputes. I'll blog about that later though, got to go to interview now. Thank you for the kind words!

7:27 am  
Blogger Only me said...

Jay: There you have it! Helen herself has given you the link! And she's put a picture of me up. Don't get your hopes up anyone, Helens been great and posted a very anonymous pic! I applaud her!

You really dont want the URL of the other blog, it's very boring compared to this, and this one is hardly exciting....

12:13 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home