Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Naughty, yeah, I know....


Is cannabis an addictive drug? I don't think so. I think that the effects are, but then, who wouldn't love the feeling of "I don't give a fuck, and actually, that's pretty funny dude" when faced with the alternative of dealing with personal tragedy, chronic pain, etc?

I like the stuff. I know I shouldn't, since I'm an intelligent grown up boy.

But I do.

I don't think it's addictive. I smoked it almost daily in the UK as one of my coworkers used to smoke the stuff. I've been here over a month and not missed it.

There's a lie the paragraph above. It should read "not missed it until now." Tonight I really fancy a joint. I've actually fancied one for the last three nights. How do you set about acquiring such a dodgy thing in a foreign country?

Luckily, the craving first occurred following my Carpe Jugulum day, so I continued that theme. I went to the local bottlo (beer shop) and asked the spotty young teen.

I simply said (In Carpe Jugulum manner) "Hey mate. Is weed legal in Australia or not?" (I knew it wasn't, but I also knew it was commonly "done" and he looked a likely culprit)

Him: "Ummmmm"
Me: "I'm a fresh pommie mate, some people have told me I can, other people have told me I can't. Just wanna know if it's legal or not, eh?"
Him: "My brother is chief of police-"
Me: "Outta here, bye!!!!"
Him: "NO! No worries mate, it's more common here per capita[me thinks, Is he more intelligent than I thought?] than anywhere in the world. It's not actually legal here in QLD to grow your own, but in the neighbouring states it is, so they don't bother trying to enforce it. So long as you don't sell it you're ok to grow."
Me: "Wow! That's amazing news! But my g/f will probably not approve and I'm not much of a gardener. Any chance of someone having some surplas to get rid of?"
Him: "Awww, mate, we're not allowed to sell it..."
Me: "Swap for some beer?"
Him: "Shit mate! You're real quick for a pommie!"

So anyway, I found a local supply and although he promised he's not actually come through with the smokes yet. But because it's not addictive and I'm not desperate I don't really care. I spent half an hour chatting with the guy and had a really good laugh.

No cash passed hands, so I'm not bothered. I'm sure the next time I see him he'll have a little green bag for me and expect $50 in exchange for it. I'm also sure I'll be happy to perform the exchange. You'll probably notice the post when it happens.

TT has been off sick again today. I don't think I've ever had so much sick to deal with as I have since I moved to Aus.

I've put away all the mouse killing devices today. The high-tech one almost killed me. Vuboq, you asked about this and I promised to reply. Unfortunately I can't give you much info since it would kill me to do so. There are warnings all over it saying that "...certain components retain charge even once unplugged - take apart at your own peril. Disassembly of this device will deem you in contradiction of ..."

Basically it's a mish-mash of counter sprung blades, snappy things, sticky devices and electrocution pads. I wouldn't want to face it if I was a mouse. But I won over it in the end. I've now put it (carefully) in the drawer with all the other mouse trappy stuff and poison. I've also armed all the traps and stuck a label on the drawer saying "$$$" incase we ever get visited by a very stupid burglar....

You think I'm joking don't you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home