Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Monday, May 02, 2005

Guess what happened in Germany?

This morning TT went to shower and I put on MTV. Eminem was showing, the song was Mocking Bird. I already knew the words but my mind was racing with thoughts to them:

"I know sometimes things may not always make sense to you right
now
[NO! They don't! I love you, why are you staying here TT?]

But hey, what daddy always tell you?

Straighten up little soldier Stiffen up that upper lip What you crying about?
[I can't stand the thought of being without you TT]

You got me
[No. No I don't.]

Hailie, I know you miss your mom and I know you miss your dad
[oh God. When TT's dad died I was the one she turned to. Even though I was 10000 miles away - why is she leaving me now?]
Well I'm gone but I'm trying to give you the life that I never had [sob]

I can see you're sad, even when you smile, even when you laugh [Laugh? sob]

I can see it in your eyes, deep inside you want to cry
[She does want to. So do I. I am. Into my pillow so she can't hear]

Cuz you're scared, I ain't there
[But you're not scared are you TT? You want to stay here. On your own.]

Daddy's with you in your prayers
[I'll be thinking of you every moment of every day TT...]

No more crying, wipe them tears
[but you're not crying, I am...]

Daddy's here, no more nightmares

We gon' pull together through it, we gon' do it
[Yes! That's right! We bloody are!. It's only Europe, not Australia, I'll catch up with her every weekend!]
Laney, uncle's crazy, aint he?
[I'm nuts]

Yeah but he loves you girl and you better know it
[She'd better know it!]

We're all we got in this world
[sob. Yes. She's everything to me]

When it spins, when it swirls

When it whirls, when it twirls

Two little beautiful girls
[if we ever have a daughter, that'll be you two]

Lookin' puzzled, in a daze

I know it's confusing you
[It's confusing me!]

Daddy's always on the move, mamma's always on the news
[Is this why you're leaving me? Because I'm always on the move?]

I try to keep you sheltered from it but somehow it seems

The harder that I try to do that, the more it backfires on me

All the things growing up his daddy that he had to see

Daddy don't want you to see but you see just as much as he
did

We did not plan it to be this way, your mother and me
[I didn't plan it this way either. I planned to never fall in love again...]

But things have gotten so bad between us
[No! They haven't! We're perfect! Why are you leaving me?]

I don't see us ever being together ever again
[Yes we will! Every weekend!]

Like we used to be when we was teenagers

But then of course everything always happens for a reason
[But why??!]

I guess it was never meant to be
[Don't say that - this is meant to be!]

But it's just something we have no control over and that's what
destiny is

But no more worries, rest your head and go to sleep

Maybe one day we'll wake up and this will all just be a dream
[a nightmare you mean? Surely?]

Now hush little baby, don't you cry...
[I have to. I must. I've got to get it done before TT get's out of the shower]

I cry silently into my pillow to expel the awaiting tears before TT gets out of the shower. I manage to clean myself up just in time before she emerges.

TT: "Jay?"
Me: "Yes?" [being careful not to look at her incase she can tell I've been crying]
TT: "I think I'm going to come back to the UK with you today."
Me: [choke, cough]"Sorry?"
TT: "I think I'd rather come back with you and plan my travel a little more. Would you mind?"
Me: [big tears welling up again]"Baby! Mind?! Of course not, I've just been sobbing my heart out here while you were in the shower!"
TT: "Really? I thought it was just me"

We went for the most joyful lovers walk in the park ever. Nothing on earth mattered to me apart from the fact I was hand in hand with the girl I loved. We walked along this wonderful avenue:

And then we saw this:



which made us laugh. The pot is about 6ft high

And we fed the ducks here:



Then we flew back to the UK and TT had to go through the interrogation process again because of her Australian passport. We finally arrive home to find her British one has arrived. Typical eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home