Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Whirlwind tour of Wales, here we come...

It's not been a very exciting three days, particularly for TT. I've been up and down the south coast of Wales between Newport and Swansea seeing various customers for various reasons. However, my last appointment was this morning and after that we decided we'd see a bit of Wales for the weekend.

We drove to Gorsignon, near Swansea, the small town where TT was born and lived the first few years of her life. We parked outside her old house and she pointed out where she'd fallen off her bike, and where she remembers buying sweets. It was kind of emotional so we didn't stay very long.

After that we headed along the coast and decided to stop the night at Aberystwyth. It's a dreary day and sea side resorts always look worse when they are out of season on a rainy day. I should imagine that the night life here is pretty good, there seem to be numerous pubs and clubs but TT is feeling ill so we've just had a quiet night in the hotel.

I'm worried about TT, something seems to be bothering her, perhaps it was the visit to her old home and the emotions it caused. Going to bed early now, but we're planning to head on up the coast tomorrow to see some of mid and north Wales.

I've been naughty and had a cigarette today. Slap my wrist, I don't mind, I'm not making a habit of asking complete strangers for a cigarette, it makes me feel like a tramp!

Woke: Bridgend, South Wales
Bed: Aberystwyth, Mid Wales
Done: 100 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home