Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Sunday, April 10, 2005

oh tt, please don't worry

The breakfast provided by congleton was truly awful. We didn't have a choice, we were the only people staying there, furthermore, we were obviously the first guests they'd had for a long time - strange that, eh?

We were given sausage made from 60% sawdust and eggs that looked as though they'd been stolen from a pigeons nest. And it was all floating in grease - hmmmm! Yum! The bloke serving us was the landlord and was very hung-over from the night before. He looked as though he was about to hurl at any point.

As he slid our dirty plates of food over he also coughed up a load of phlegm and offered us his copy of the Sun newspaper. Quality. Def.

We waited until he turned his back for long enough for us to bolt and done so! (We'd already paid the night before)

We got immediately stuck in a traffic jam on the M6. My mother was desperate to meet tt, so I'd promised we'd be over for dinner. When the jam cleared I put my foot down a little and promptly got flashed by a speed camera on the A14. I was only doing 75, I'm not a hugely excessive speeder, 75 should have been ok, I thought there was a 10% tolerance and I know my speedo is accurate!

We got back to my place and tt immediately started to get worried about meeting my parents. I felt a bit gutted about that. They know how much she means to me and they love her before even meeting her. I've spoken about her for the last 3 years so they are desperate to meet her. But tt is really nervous. I felt awful. Between a rock and a hard place.

I wanted her to meet them, but I didn't want to make her uncomfortable. At the same time I knew my parents weren't any reason to be scared and I knew she would be ok once she met them. It was difficult. In the end tt stayed at my house and I popped over to mum and apologised that she was ill. I felt so sorry for mum, and also so sorry for tt, there really was nothing to worry about! Parents aren't any easier going than mine!

Woke: Congleton
Bed: Place by sea (home)
Done: 250 miles





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home