Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Saturday, April 02, 2005

In the beginning

It's now April 2006. But the whole point of this is catching up with the last year, so entirely by memory I'm going to write about 2005:

Woke up: In bed, Home by the sea
Went to bed: On floor, Home by the sea

Take note of above - it's not often I wake up and go to bed in the same place! Especially if there's not a "via" mention. There's a reason I've not moved much today though. A very special girl is on her way here.

I "met" tt about 3 years ago when she sent me an email. She lives overseas, I wont say where but it's English speaking and far away from UK. We sent a few emails to one another then started using web chat. We shared a passion for travel, books and each others interests.

Soon enough we were exchanging photo's, video's and everything else. Unfortunately the distance between us stopped us meeting each other, but we both knew that if and when we finally did then things would be different.

After 3 years I finally flew out and met tt. We seemed to fall for one another pretty quickly. Unfortunately I'd only booked two weeks there. She decided to travel in my part of the world and booked cheap flights as soon as she could.

She arrives tomorrow. Here. My place. The place I've lived alone in for 5 years. The most infamous bachelor pad for miles around. The place that fast food delivery drivers talk about. She's coming here! With a 6 month ticket! Jeez!

The downside to all this is that I've knackered my back. I tried to carry too much at work a few weeks ago and slipped a disc. At the time I thought I'd just be in terrible pain for a bit and get over it. Now it's only a day before she arrives and it still takes me five full minutes to get from standing to sitting or vice versa...

I woke up this morning thinking about all the things I had left to do. Tidying was still high on my agenda, as was decorating. All the thing's I'd planned to do with weeks of time to spare, but bad back and worse organisation meant it was now only a day.

I was saved by my family. My sister, mum and dad turned up and sorted the place for me. They were wonderful. I've always loved them, but thinking of today will always remind me how wonderful they are. I wrote a little card out for mum and dad just to show them how much I appreciated it.

Today is also my last day of smoking, as I vowed that if tt came to the UK I'd be happy to quit. Who needs to smoke for happiness when the love of your life is by your side?

My biggest concern at the moment is that I wont be able to drive to the airport to collect tt tomorrow. I know I can make it, but all the family help has had the undertone "We're going to drive you to the airport tomorrow..." and I really don't want that. tt is a shy girl, I don't want her to have the stress of meeting anyone when she lands even though I love my family very much.

I'm going to have to put on a really convincing act of having a fixed back in the morning so they let me drive. I decide to sleep on the floor so that if nothing else it's easier to get up. I go to sleep wondering if my back will allow me to pull a convincing act to get my car keys back. I suspect that my dad may be taking me to the airport and driving us both back. I don't suppose it really matters so long as she gets here safe and sound.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home