Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Frogs legs, garlic, smelly cheese. Guess where we've been? Great Yarmouth!

A really weird thing happened today.

Our local town occasionally hosts a "French Market". Basically loads of French guys come over and sell their wares to us. The local market guys hate it, but it still happens a couple of times a year.

Last night I had a dream which reminded me of it. I called my mother this morning and asked her when they were due to visit. I though TT would probably enjoy it. Mum told me it was on today.

How weird is that? It doesn't happen the same week every year or anything. And I've not read about it in local press anywhere because I've been away for weeks. Just so happened that I dreamt, called mum about it, and it was on today.

We went along. It was ok. Very overpriced as always. They only come over here to rip as much money out of the English as possible. The only thing I buy without fail is a bowl of "Pomme de terre Provencial". They're excellent. Spicy fried potatoes. We got some and then headed off around town to eat them.

I realised it was the first time I'd actually taken TT into my own home town. She's been here a month and we've spent all the time on the road or in the rest of the UK/Germany. Welcome to my life girl! I showed her around and we had a good day.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home