Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Friday, April 06, 2007

I just don't give a fuck. Still....

The guys I work for have extended my contract. They're talking about making me a permanent employee rather than a contractor. Do they think I'm mad? I currently earn about 3 times what my manager does. OK, I don't get sick pay and I've no job security, but who cares? I don't get sick often, when I do I just turn up to work. I'd rather share illness than miss out on pay. And I don't need security, this is Australia - jobs are easy to find. And I like time off.

To encourage me to accept their offer they've upgraded my PC. And I'm actually quite excited about it. I've been given two huge flat screens. I'm such a fucking nerd.

I've also been given the authority to abuse and insult the boss. Well. That's a half truth - I've not been given that right but I've taken it as mine anyway. I took today off work and called to say I was working from home. They bought it. For some reason I can't get the Eminem song "I just don't give a fuck" out of my head. Does it show?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home