Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

That'll be 33c please

As most readers will be aware, I live in Brisbane, Aus. Fewer will be aware that I live on the intersection of 3 suburbs. Not literaly, Brisbane City Council said the cars would get in the way if I built a house on an intersection - but I live on the corner of aforementioned intersection. If I cross the road to the west I'm in a suburb called Fortitude Valley. This area is more commonly know as one of the following:

a) The Valley
b) China town
c) Bumville

China town is the most appropriate as....well..... it is. However, they also have a range of other Asian outlets one of my favourite is which is a store which sells all foods Indian. This is the place to buy all of your spices fresher, better and WAY cheaper than all the supermarkets. The only problem with the place is the owner. She's about 1m tall and about the same width. And she is the rudest person you could ever meet.

She treats her staff like dogs and abuses her customers. I guess no one's perfect but anyhoo.

The other day I went in and was surprised to see her hurling small packets of rice at one of her staff together with a barrage of abuse. The verbal abuse isn't uncommon by any means with her but it was the first time I'd seen her actually do anything physical.

I largely ignored the situation and started my shopping. I bought about $30 worth of things. I went to the counter and the abused staff member was now manning it. He rang through the goods and told me it was 33c. I said "No mate, it's $33". He looked at me and with a huge grin and a grazed eye said "I'm not caring, I'm quitting today!"

3 Comments:

Blogger dykewife said...

oh, revenge, thy taste is cheap :) that'll teach her.

11:15 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why didn't you tell me it was cheap day.. I would have come down and done my shopping too :(

Hope you're feeling better J

Talk Soon,
S.

1:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*knocks on J's computer screen*

Zanka, are ya dead mon?


S.

5:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home