Triple take

Random ramblings of a British guy that's moved to Australia. And now back to UK.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A rest at last.

The day today wasn't overly exciting. Lots of driving. We left Cuzco about 7am and headed for a place called Puno. It's a city on the shore of Lake Titicaca. And it's a long way from Cuzco. When we got close we stopped a the Sillustani ruins. They were cool. They're a load of conical structure that were used as burial chambers. My favourite thing about them was that they were abandoned during the Spanish invasion so there's still lots of evidence about how they were actually constructed.

It will be easier to explain when I post some photos, but basically they built a stone ramp leading up to the structure and this was dismantled once they'd finished. That could explain lots of ancient stone structures couldn't it? No space ships or divine intervention, just a load of people with lots of time on their hands.

The scenery is very impressive. I've only seen a little bit of lake Titicaca but the little bit I've seen looks good. TT was feeling ill again when we checked into the hotel so I went out to fetch her some painkillers and stomach pills. While I was out I was approached by a local selling very cheap smokes. I bought some. They were fake. I bought sawdust Marlboro. Not good. Not impressed. Luckily they only cost me about 3 cents.

We had dinner with Blokey and Paul at a local restaurant. Once again too much beer was consumed. Peru is bad for the liver.


2 Comments:

Blogger vuboq said...

"Titicaca"
*heh*

10:26 pm  
Blogger Only me said...

Yeah, it's like "boobs and shit" isn't it? You're such a child, I would have never thought of that...!

11:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home